This image turned out to be slightly different than I had thought. The tired and destroyed model air gave way to an air of hope that I decided to enter later. Again the changes are part of the process. The great difficulty that I set for this would be to make credible the use of a bomb miniature. I tried not to abuse the placement of these miniatures in the image not to divert our attention from the expression of the model.
I leave a small video with the making of the picture.
Now let us go step by step to a more detailed explanation.
This is the final image:
This image was performed from 4 different photographs.
I started by creating a new blank document with 100cmX100cm 300dpi/inch where I imported the image 1. Resized and clipped.
I removed the blue sky to replace the image with cloudy sky.
I separated the sky from the background of the image 2 leaving just the body of the model. There are several ways to accomplish this process.
I created a copy of the Blue channel and I select only that copy.
I select the Burn tool and its range to shadows with a not very high exposure. I painted in black the model and what does not interest me to remove.
I select the Dodge tool and its range for highlights with equally little high exposure. I painted the sky in white.
The tasks performed previously allow me to separate the model from the sky scenery. Then use the Invert command (cmd + I on the Mac)
Then I carry on the cmd key while I click on the thumbnail of the blue copy and that selects the area that I want to copy.
I unmark the blue copy channel and mark the remaining channels.
I create a new layer which I leave in blank and run the Layer> New> Layer Via Copy command and get the following result.
I resize and place the layer of the model in my final image hitting the tones so that the image appears uniform.
Then I use the same technique to separate the background of the image 3.
I resize and create multiple layers with the previous image. In this step I copied small pieces of heaven I used to give a more natural appearance to the image 3. I used the rubber with different opacities to complete this task.
I created a layer which I painted yellow with an opacity of 31% and Multiply.
Resulted in this image:
I put a new black layer with an opacity of 32% and Overlay. Deleted the model area to highlight it.
Resulted in this image:
I added one last black layer with 48% opacity. I used to darken the corners of the image.
The final result of this work.
Tip: This image required some care with the shades between layers to resemble uniform. I also removed some vegetation in the rocks. Eliminate distractions to don’t withdraw attention from the essential seems important to me and is something I have in mind.